How far can you drive success in your club? Listers Health is hiring a new Gym Manager to take a hands-on approach and drive a culture of high performance and high engagement within their club.
Reporting to the company director, you will be part of a talented team of fitness professionals operating in a highly entrepreneurial environment. As a result, you must forge close working relationships with your team, share best practices, and leverage one another’s expertise.
This is a varied role, with responsibility for everything from financials to people development; you will focus on the following:
- Driving your club’s performance by investing time in getting into the detail behind your club’s results.
- Striving for continuous improvement across your club with clear plans in place at all times to deliver solid financial and operational performance.
- Establishing a high-performing team developing talent, coaching all levels on the gym floor, including the development of the club’s Assistant Gym Manager to ensure an effective club management team.
- Ensuring operational excellence is delivered ‘right first time’.
- Focusing on high service and standards, delivering a best-in-class member experience in your club, and ensuring a safe & legal environment at all times.
If this sounds like your perfect next role, here’s what we’ll need from you:
- You will be a talented and engaged Gym Manager with a true passion for the industry and a strong track record of people development.
- A strategic and commercial growth mindset.
- You will have a flair for developing high-performing teams and will be able to balance strong people skills whilst positively impacting the commercial results.
- You will act as an agent for change, positively bringing out the best in others, and will demonstrate a highly flexible style and approach.
- Tenacity, high integrity, and accountability with a desire to do the right thing to a high standard are a must.
- recruiting, training, and supervising staff
- managing budgets
- enhancing profitability by organising and delivering an appropriate range of fitness activities and programs.
- keeping statistical and financial records
- maintaining fitness equipment
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- maintaining customer service standards
- undertaking administrative tasks
- promoting and marketing the business
- dealing with inquiries, complaints, and emergencies.
£22-28k (will depend on experience).